Sunday, July 25, 2010

My favorite times of day

I have many favorite times of day but there are 2 that really stand out.

The first is when Nora is asleep for the night. It means that Kevin and I have our time together. As much as we love Nora it is definitely nice to have time for just the two of us. We usually spend time talking about our day. Our days are definitely very different from the other. Most of you know that Kevin got a new job working for At&T. He really enjoys it but has to drive to McMinnville which is 40 minutes away. So while he is hard at work selling phones, I am hard at work trying to get Nora Belle to be a better napper...as well as doing many other things around the house. Oh yeah, and trying to make sure I take care of myself. So we either chat about how our day went, or watch movies, or our favorite is to just go stare at Nora in her crib and talk about her birth.

Another favorite is going to get Nora in the morning from her crib. As I said before, she sleeps through the night which means she goes about 9 hours without eating. You would think that she would be screaming ready for food. No, she smiles away and "talks" before I pick her up. It just melts my heart. I love it!

So last night she went to bed. The picture below is her in her crib (the way we always put her in) with her head at the end by the window. No, we don't put her in her crib and let her cry or fall asleep on her own. She is spoiled and rocked to sleep. Don't worry, I'm working on it but for now we swaddle and rock her. Don't judge. This other picture is how she was when I got her this morning. I was amazed! She did a 180 degree turn and completely escaped from her blanket. She can roll over from her stomach to back but she has never done this. I have no idea how we didn't hear her moving around on the monitor. Silly little girl! I just love her to pieces.I look forward to getting her every morning to see what I will walk into, even though it makes me so sad with all the changes that happen. It just goes by way too fast!

So for now, I will continue to rock her to sleep, enjoying every second of this baby girl.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! Honestly I would judge you if you let her cry! She is too sweet to scream! ha ha:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsi--Rocking is one of the best bonding activities around, I rocked Elleot a lot when I babysat while carissa finished school and I think we have a stronger connection because of it. So Momma keep rockin--I don't believe you can spoil a baby that way, no matter what the "experts" say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy every minute of the cuddling to sleep. We STILL cuddle Grady and Ginger to sleep and they're 4 and 5! Some nights it would be easier not to, but I'm always reminded of how fast these days are going to go and cuddling is a blip on our little timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know you, but I stumbled across your blog through Kari Timmerman's...I think our daughters are close to the same age :-). Anyway, Nora is adorable and I LOVED the pictures of her in the crib. I always rocked Callie to sleep too, but just this last month she won't let me anymore and wants to just be put in her crib. So, all that to say, don't worry about what people say. Rock her and swaddle her as long as she'll let you 'cause eventually, she'll probably grow out of it on her own and she'll let you know! Sounds like you're being a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete