Thursday, September 30, 2010

Milestones

mile·stone [mahyl-stohn]

-noun

1. a stone functioning as a milepost.
2. a significant event or stage in the life, progress, development, or the like of a person, nation, etc.

This last week we definitely experienced definition number 2. It was a big week for "milestones" in the Broderick-Kartye house. Both milestones didn't actually occur at our house, they occurred while we were in Sacramento visiting family.

Milestone #1: Nora rolled over from her back to her stomach. Woohoo! Take a look! Pretty darn cute.



Milestone #2: Nora reached her arms out for me to hold her. It just about melted my heart. Poor Kevin. She ADORES Kevin but when it is time for bed in the evening, she wants her Mom.

Every day that goes by, and every discovery Nora makes (I think I like the word discovery better than milestone), feels bittersweet. I have LOVED every stage, and each one gets better and better. I am just not ready for her to "grow up" and get all childlike on me. I want to freeze time, yet I'm excited for what the future brings.

We are looking forward to many more discoveries from our little Nora Belle.

3 comments:

  1. I love her so much!! Way to go Nora!! Now tell your mom to book tickets to NY already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kels! She's so sweet. All those little accomplishments are so fun! My "baby" just turned 2.... *tears* It does happen so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the "bittersweet"ness of those milestones. I am always so excited for Grant to do the next thing, but then it happens and I wish it hadn't happened already. But each new stage is tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete